Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fear & Loathing.


I'm not good with money.  I don't have a lot, but I'm better off than many folks.  As I approach my retirement from my current job, and prepare to pack up and move to my hometown, Kansas City, I guess it's not a huge surprise that I feel a bit anxious.  Downright scared at times.

This morning I met with my financial advisor.  Her main advice?  GET A JOB.  She was serious.  She thinks everyone, especially women, should keep working.  And, she told me I should start looking for a job before I leave this one.  This is good advice from a career counseling viewpoint.

My problem is that I can only deal with a few things at a time.  No way am I a multi-tasker.  Right now I'm focused on getting my house ready to sell, packing what I can right now, looking at the condo market in KC, and worrying about everything.

So the thought of adding GET A JOB to my "to do" list is, shall we say, "daunting?"

 Time to remind myself: Forward.   

There.  I feel better already.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment