Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Letting Go.


The young (very) couple who want to buy my house came over today with their realtor.  They might buy some of my furniture.  Clearly, they are just starting out and this house is a perfect "starter" home.

Whether or not they buy my furniture, I will not be taking much of my furniture with me when I move to Kansas City.  I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of most of the pieces, having used them for nearly twenty years.  And somehow this move is about starting "fresh," which means I need to let go.  

Some of what I'm letting go:

Dean.
My job.
OPH.
My house.
My paycheck.
My boards and committees in the community.
My friends.
My routine.
My doctor, dentist, vet.
My beautiful public library.
Breakfast with Marilyn once a week.

What will fill the holes?



No comments:

Post a Comment