Thursday, June 6, 2013

96 Tears.


One of the local radio stations morphed into an all-60s,70s,80s music format.  I don't mind admitting that I'm enjoying hearing songs I remember first hearing on my transistor radio.  I think it was pink.

Just heard "96 Tears" by ? and the Mysterians.  I'm fairly sure they were a one-hit wonder.  

The guy who is leading this radio station is someone I met while serving on a local nonprofit board.  Turns out, we both spent our early years in Kansas City.  This fellow, Mike, told me that when he was a kid, his dad took him to meet a disc jockey at the radio station that I listened to religiously.  It's where I heard the Beatles the first time on the radio.  WHB.

I love it that Mike shared this story with me.  And I love it that Mike now is the head honcho of a new radio station that plays all the music we loved so much on WHB.  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment